- XML Tutorial
- how create xml file
- XML Elements
- XML Attributes
- XML Namespaces
- how view xml file
- XML File Encoding
- how style xml code
- XML Code File
- Valid XML File
XML tutorial - what is xml - Benefits Of XML
xml :- extensible markup language(xml) is markup language that defines a set of rules for encoding documents in a format that is both human-readable and machine-readable.the design goals of xml emphasize simplicity, generality, usability, over the internet.
the internet media type for xml is application/xml, text/xml.
what is xml(Extensible Markup Language)?
- xml stands for extensible markup language.
- xml is a subset of sgml.
- xml is platform and language-independent.
- xml tags are user defined not predefined.
- xml designed to transport and carry data.
- xml markup is very verbose.
- xml language is a markup language much like as html.
- xml is w3c recommendation.
features/benefits of xml
- easy data exchange - xml is one of the most widely-used formats for sharing structured information today: between programs, between people, between computers and people both locally and across networks.
- reducing server load :- web-based applications can use xml to reduce the load on the web servers by keeping all information on the client for as long as possible, and then sending the information to those servers in one big xml document.
- create your own languages - xml allows you to specify your own markup language for your own specific purpose.
- xml is used both on and offline for storing and processing data.
the difference between xml and html
|xml tags are user defined||but html tags are predefined.|
|xml was designed to transport and carry data.||html was designed to display data.|
the main difference from html are :--
opening and closing tags of an xml document must be case-sensitive.html does not have any such restriction.
xml tag attribute values must always be quoted, in html it is not required.
some more facts about the xml languages
xml is not a replacement of html.
xml became a w3c recommendation on february 10,1998.
xml is everywhere :- this time xml as important for the web and it most common tool for data transmissions.
the xml file look like as :--
<? xml version = "1.0" ?> <quiz> <question> the full expression of xml short name . </question> <answer> extensible markup language (xml) </answer> </quiz>