What is a ajax
ajax is a group of interrelated web development techniques used on the client-side to create asynchronous web applications.with ajax, web applications can send data to, and retrieve data from, a server asynchronously(in the background) without interfering with the display and behavior of the existing page.data can be retrieved using the xmlhttprequest object.
ajax means to increase the web page's usability interactivity and speed.
examples of applications using ajax: gmail, amazon, youtube.
asynchronous in computer science, is a form of sending/receiving data processing, that permits other processing to continue before the transmission has finished.
ajax is based on open standards
ajax is based on the following open standards -
- browser-based presentation using html and css.
- data stored in xml format and fetched from the server.
- create xmlhttprequest object to exchange data asynchronously with a server.
how ajax works
ajax request/response mechanism complete in three simple steps.
first step -
- a user generate an event...
- create an xmlhttprequest object.
- send httprequest .
second step(server side).
- first process the httprequest.
- after ceate a response object and send data back to the browser.
third step(browser side).
- the html dom is updated.
importance of ajax.
- ajax increase the web page's interactivity, speed, and usability.
- stable, do not crash easily.
- fast buffering of data.
- secured transaction.